2016 ASHE Graduate Student Travel Scholarship Information
Each year travel scholarships are available to students whose proposal(s) to present posters, research papers, roundtables, or symposia have been accepted, based on the following selection criteria:
- Significance of the applicant’s need for funding;
- Significance of what the applicant will gain by attending the conference; and,
- Thoughtfulness and creativity of applicant’s proposed contributions to ASHE in the upcoming year.
The Application is available: http://goo.gl/forms/cpzQbopVWQrbUmul1
Scholarship recipients are expected to:
• Attend Saturday’s graduate student luncheon if not scheduled to present at the same time.
• Attend a short meeting immediately prior to the graduate student social with the ASHE graduate student representatives and other scholarship recipients.
• Assist with the facilitation of at least one ASHE graduate student session at the 2016 conference (e.g. taking notes, distributing and collecting handouts and surveys, answering questions)
• Provide a short biography that will be placed on the ASHE graduate student website.
• Submit a written thank you letter (within one month of the conference) to the ASHE Board, which may also be shared with donors to the scholarship fund.
• Write a short article for the ASHE newsletter on the benefits of earning an ASHE Travel Scholarship or assist with some other graduate student initiative during the academic year.
• Serve as a member of a graduate student subcommittee for the academic year to develop and implement ideas for making ASHE more supportive of graduate students’ needs.
Deadline: Applications August 1, 11:59 PM PST.
Again, the Application is available http://goo.gl/forms/cpzQbopVWQrbUmul1
[updated July 1, 2016]