Information about the 2017 ASHE Graduate Student Travel Scholarship to attend the ASHE Conference in Houston, TX
Deadline: Applications are due August 11, 2017 by 11:59 PM Pacific Standard Time.
All applicants will be notified about the outcomes of the process during the week of August 21, 2017.
Each year travel scholarships are available to students whose proposal(s) to present posters, research papers, roundtables, or symposia have been accepted for the ASHE conference, based on the following selection criteria:
- Significance of the applicant’s need for funding;
- Significance of what the applicant will gain by attending the conference; and,
- Thoughtfulness and creativity of applicant’s proposed contributions to ASHE in the upcoming year.
The 2017 ASHE Graduate Student Travel Scholarship Application is available through this link: https://goo.gl/forms/NEnwkiIek14pzl3G3
Scholarship recipients are expected to:
- Attend the ASHE graduate student luncheon (if not scheduled to present at the same time) at the 2017 ASHE conference.
- Write a blog entry for the ASHE Graduate Student Community on a topic of your own choosing, to be publicly available on the ASHE Grads website and social media accounts.
- Assist with the facilitation of at least one ASHE graduate student session at the 2017 conference (e.g. taking notes, distributing and collecting handouts and surveys, sharing information through social media, and answering questions).
- Attend a short meeting at the conference location with the ASHE graduate student representatives and other scholarship recipients.
- Provide a short biography to be placed on the ASHE graduate student website.
- Submit a thank you letter (within one month of the conclusion of the conference) to the ASHE Board, which may also be shared with donors to the scholarship fund.
- If called upon, assist with other ASHE graduate student initiatives during the academic year and help implement ideas for making ASHE more supportive of graduate students’ needs.
Again, the Application is available here: https://goo.gl/forms/NEnwkiIek14pzl3G3
If you have any questions regarding the 2017 ASHE Graduate Student Travel Scholarship, please feel free to contact ASHE Graduate Student Representative Valerie Crespín-Trujillo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated July 11, 2017